The time is finally here my friends. Bonnaroo is less than 48 hours away. It’s time to get packing, log some extra sleep, and charge all of your batteries. Before you go to Bonnaroo there are some things you should know ahead of time. Without any further ado, here are the 10 Things To Know Before You Go To Bonnaroo.
1. Weather: The weather at Bonnaroo is going to be PERFECT! The rain on Thursday is only a 30% chance so we really can’t ask for any better weather. This is a HUGE deal for festival attendees.
2. Set a meeting point: Bonnaroo is HUGE. There will be somewhere between 70,000-100,000 people there so finding your crew will not be easy if you lose them. Simply set a meeting point so you can find each other between sets. The mushroom makes a good meeting spot.
3. Explore: Bonnaroo brings in hundreds of awesome vendors and sponsors who offer a wide variety of cool products and promotions. Check them out and you will be amazed at what is available.
4. Wear comfortable shoes: You will be walking and dancing for four straight days. Wearing comfortable shoes is vital, especially because the stages are quite spread out.
5. Be a person: Eat food, drink lots of water, and get some sleep. Bonnaroo is a four day marathon that has music going for 18 hours a day. If you forget to take care of yourself you wont make it through the fourth day. Wear sunscreen too!
6. Be ready for dust: Bonnaroo gets dusty. It’s not a big deal if you are prepared for it. Bring eye drops and a bandana to cover your mouth and you will be fine.
7. Try and actually learn the stage names: Bonnaroo has a “cute” way of naming their stages which makes it rather difficult to remember which stage is which. There is This Stage, That Stage, The Other Stage, and many more just like it. Once you get there on the first day get your bearings set so you can easily navigate the rest of the weekend.
8. Mushroom water: The mushroom shaped water fountain (pictured above) is a great place to cool off on day 1. Be careful on any day after that as the water is reused over the course of the weekend and can get pretty gross.
9. Beach Blanket: Having a place to sit, relax, and watch music will make your Bonnaroo experience way more enjoyable. Having a beach blanket for your group of friends will change your entire weekend.
10. Stay on schedule: There is a lot of stages and tons of good bands, so keep track of time so you don’t miss out on anyone you want to see!